Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

NLFT-NB peace accord promises fulfilled

By Correspondent
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print

AGARTALA, April 28 � Tripura government on Thursday declared that all the promises offered at the time of signing a tripartite peace accord with outlawed group National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT-NB) have been fulfilled.

The announcement came after holding a review meeting with the former rebel leaders of NLFT-NB in the presence of Tribal Welfare Minister Aghore Debbarma on Wednesday.

All the schemes undertaken as part of the tripartite peace accord were reviewed threadbare in the presence of officials from Tribal Welfare department and DGP K Saleem Ali.

Talking to mediapersons, Tribal Welfare Minister said that almost all the pending cases against the returnee of the group have been deleted from the police records.

As part of general amnesty, as many as 96 cases were withdrawn against all the returnees while 47 more cases have been referred to Home department for withdrawal.

Of the total 153 surrendered cadres of the outfit, altogether 67 were sanctioned Rs 1.50 lakh each as part of rehabilitation package while government jobs were restored to nine cadres who had gone underground.

Besides, benefit of the surrendered cadres, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) had declared a Rs 55 crore special package for the welfare of indigenous people.

�Of the total outlay, the State government has received Rs 50 crore so far and the rest amount will be disbursed after submission of utilization certificate of the ongoing projects,� Debbarma said.

Bhuchuk Borok, vice president of the NLFT-NB who remained present in the review meeting, praised the MHA and State government for being sincere in fulfilling the peace accord promises. Bhuchuk also appealed to his �former colleagues� like ATTF supremo Ranjit Debbarma, NLFT president Biswamohan Debbarma and Nayanbashi Debbarma, president of NLFT-NB to bid adieu the arms struggle to pave the way for lasting peace.

Following an appeal from the State government, Nayanbashi Debbarma along with his fellow members came over ground to hold peace dialogue in March, 2004.

However, later he opted out of the peace dialogue and went back underground leaving behind his trusted commanders like Buchuk Debbarma, Aron Borok, Salka Borok.

On December 17, 2004 a Memorandum of Settlement (MoS) was inked in Delhi in the presence of MHA officials and State government representative.

More in Entertainment
Next Story
Similar Posts
NLFT-NB peace accord promises fulfilled

AGARTALA, April 28 � Tripura government on Thursday declared that all the promises offered at the time of signing a tripartite peace accord with outlawed group National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT-NB) have been fulfilled.

The announcement came after holding a review meeting with the former rebel leaders of NLFT-NB in the presence of Tribal Welfare Minister Aghore Debbarma on Wednesday.

All the schemes undertaken as part of the tripartite peace accord were reviewed threadbare in the presence of officials from Tribal Welfare department and DGP K Saleem Ali.

Talking to mediapersons, Tribal Welfare Minister said that almost all the pending cases against the returnee of the group have been deleted from the police records.

As part of general amnesty, as many as 96 cases were withdrawn against all the returnees while 47 more cases have been referred to Home department for withdrawal.

Of the total 153 surrendered cadres of the outfit, altogether 67 were sanctioned Rs 1.50 lakh each as part of rehabilitation package while government jobs were restored to nine cadres who had gone underground.

Besides, benefit of the surrendered cadres, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) had declared a Rs 55 crore special package for the welfare of indigenous people.

�Of the total outlay, the State government has received Rs 50 crore so far and the rest amount will be disbursed after submission of utilization certificate of the ongoing projects,� Debbarma said.

Bhuchuk Borok, vice president of the NLFT-NB who remained present in the review meeting, praised the MHA and State government for being sincere in fulfilling the peace accord promises. Bhuchuk also appealed to his �former colleagues� like ATTF supremo Ranjit Debbarma, NLFT president Biswamohan Debbarma and Nayanbashi Debbarma, president of NLFT-NB to bid adieu the arms struggle to pave the way for lasting peace.

Following an appeal from the State government, Nayanbashi Debbarma along with his fellow members came over ground to hold peace dialogue in March, 2004.

However, later he opted out of the peace dialogue and went back underground leaving behind his trusted commanders like Buchuk Debbarma, Aron Borok, Salka Borok.

On December 17, 2004 a Memorandum of Settlement (MoS) was inked in Delhi in the presence of MHA officials and State government representative.

More in Entertainment
Similar Posts