Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Minor boy dies of suffocation

By Staff Reporter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo

GUWAHATI, Jan 29 � An eight-year-old boy died apparently due to oxygen deficiency in Maligaon�s Gotanagar locality while two other members of the same family (mother and sister of the deceased) were admitted to a private hospital in critical condition this morning.

The members of the family remained unconscious till 9:30 am apparently due to oxygen deficiency in their living room upon which the landlord of the house got suspicious and broke into the room finding all the members of the family in an unconscious state.

Himangshu Ingti, the eight-year-old boy, was declared dead on arrival by doctors, police said.

Among those who were rushed to the hospital were Bina Ingti (30), the mother of the deceased and Tanushree Ingti (6). Rabiram Ingti, a constable with the city police and father of Himangshu Ingti, was not present when the incident happened. Police said that a room heater (coal) was left burning the entire night with all the ventilations closed, which might have led to the incident.

Autopsy and other medical examination report will help in ascertaining the cause of the death, police said.

Next Story
Similar Posts
Minor boy dies of suffocation

GUWAHATI, Jan 29 � An eight-year-old boy died apparently due to oxygen deficiency in Maligaon�s Gotanagar locality while two other members of the same family (mother and sister of the deceased) were admitted to a private hospital in critical condition this morning.

The members of the family remained unconscious till 9:30 am apparently due to oxygen deficiency in their living room upon which the landlord of the house got suspicious and broke into the room finding all the members of the family in an unconscious state.

Himangshu Ingti, the eight-year-old boy, was declared dead on arrival by doctors, police said.

Among those who were rushed to the hospital were Bina Ingti (30), the mother of the deceased and Tanushree Ingti (6). Rabiram Ingti, a constable with the city police and father of Himangshu Ingti, was not present when the incident happened. Police said that a room heater (coal) was left burning the entire night with all the ventilations closed, which might have led to the incident.

Autopsy and other medical examination report will help in ascertaining the cause of the death, police said.