DIPHU, Aug 6 - A devastating fire brook out around 3.10 am today at Bakaliaghat in Karbi Anglong district. Altogether 25 shops were gutted in the devastating fire. Four fire-tenders were rushed from Howraghat and Diphu fire stations to the spot soon after they received phone calls from the local people of Bakaliaghat.
No report of causalty has been received as yet. The fire is suspected to be due to electric short-circuit. According to a shop owner, properties worth crores of rupees have been damaged in the fire. Moreover, a TATA mobile truck and a motorcycle were also gutted.