DIPHU, Jan 1 � Tension continued in the troubled areas of Karbi Anglong district although there was no report of any violence, even as the district administration is making efforts to evacuate hundreds of Rengma villagers who have fled deep into forests and hilly areas.
Meanwhile, a few cadres of a lesser known militant organisation, named Karbi Liberation Army, laid down their arms before the authorities.
According to an unofficial report, 38 houses were razed to the ground by miscreants in a village in Borlangso last night. Army personnel have moved into the village to thwart any further attack, people said. However, according to an official report, three houses in Balichanda village were set afire by miscreants.
PTI adds: �Two KPLT terrorists have surrendered today. They have confessed of their involvement in the disturbance which killed many people last week,� Karbi Anglong Superintendent of Police Mugdhajyoti Mahanta said.
The duo surrendered in front of the SP and other district administration officials at the Bokajan police station.
�They have also deposited an AK-56 rifle, two magazines and 25 rounds live cartridges,� Mahanta said.
Asked about the current scenario, Mahanta said no fresh incident took place today. �We have relaxed the curfew during day time, but it will be there at night,� he added.
The district administration started relaxing the curfew during the day after additional forces reached the violence-hit areas.