PUNE, Jan 8 (IANS): Anna Hazare was Sunday morning discharged from a hospital here where he was admitted since Dec 31 for chest infection. The activist said he will now go back to his village Ralegan Siddhi and rest for a month.Emerging from the Sancheti Hospital, a feeble Hazare smiled and said: "Owing to the hunger strike agitation, my health had been affected. Now, my health is okay. As per doctors' advice, I shall rest for a month in Ralegan Siddhi."
Unlike in the past when he disregarded all medical advice, Hazare said he would not strain himself in any manner and abide by what the doctors say.
"I have fought most of my battles in the past 25 years, but this time my body is not giving me support. I feel weak. So now onwards, I have to think of my health. I will step out only if my doctors give me clearance and I feel healthy," Hazare said, before driving off to Ralegan Siddhi.
Asked about the agitation he was to lead in five poll-bound states, Hazare said: "I will decide about it once my health is fine."
"This is not a movement of a month or two, it will go on for years," he added.