Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Govt clarifies stand on jobs for blast victims

By Staff Reporter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo

GUWAHATI, Dec 9 - Seven years after the October 30 serial blasts rocked Assam killing over 100 people and leaving hundreds injured, the State government has made it clear that there is no provision for providing jobs to the family members of those who lost their lives in the militant attacks.

Deputy Commissioner of Kamrup (Metro), Dr M Angamuthu, who had been asked by the State government to convey the message to dispel any confusion about the entitlements, informed that as per the Assam Government rule, an ex-gratia of Rs 3 lakh is given to the victims (deceased) of militant attack and the amount has already been disbursed and there is no additional provision for any job settlement for the next-of-kin in the rule.

He said that altogether 53 people died in the three blasts at Ganeshguri (32), Panbazar (8) and on the premises of the CJM Court (13). Of the deceased, one was a CRPF personnel, while three hailed from Nagaland and Meghalaya. �The rest were from Assam,� he said, adding that each of those receiving serious and minor injuries was also given an aid of Rs 50,000 and Rs 10,000 respectively.

Altogether 376 people sustained injuries in the three blasts that took place in Guwahati. The October 30, 2008 serial blasts rocked Assam killing over 100 people in Guwahati, Barpeta and Kokrajhar.

Dr Angamuthu also informed that the ex-gratia of Rs 3 lakh from the Central government has also been received by the families of those killed.

Next Story
Similar Posts
Govt clarifies stand on jobs for blast victims

GUWAHATI, Dec 9 - Seven years after the October 30 serial blasts rocked Assam killing over 100 people and leaving hundreds injured, the State government has made it clear that there is no provision for providing jobs to the family members of those who lost their lives in the militant attacks.

Deputy Commissioner of Kamrup (Metro), Dr M Angamuthu, who had been asked by the State government to convey the message to dispel any confusion about the entitlements, informed that as per the Assam Government rule, an ex-gratia of Rs 3 lakh is given to the victims (deceased) of militant attack and the amount has already been disbursed and there is no additional provision for any job settlement for the next-of-kin in the rule.

He said that altogether 53 people died in the three blasts at Ganeshguri (32), Panbazar (8) and on the premises of the CJM Court (13). Of the deceased, one was a CRPF personnel, while three hailed from Nagaland and Meghalaya. �The rest were from Assam,� he said, adding that each of those receiving serious and minor injuries was also given an aid of Rs 50,000 and Rs 10,000 respectively.

Altogether 376 people sustained injuries in the three blasts that took place in Guwahati. The October 30, 2008 serial blasts rocked Assam killing over 100 people in Guwahati, Barpeta and Kokrajhar.

Dr Angamuthu also informed that the ex-gratia of Rs 3 lakh from the Central government has also been received by the families of those killed.