SHILLONG, April 12 - Four persons of a family died and seven others are in a critical condition after they consumed wild mushroom, at Mawsynram in East Khasi Hills district.
Superintendent of Police (City) Vivek Syiem said the dead included two minors. Apart from the dead, seven others were hospitalised in a critical condition. The family, officials said, collected the wild poisonous mushroom from the forest near the village and ate them unknowingly.
Meanwhile, the seven critical persons have been shifted to the State Capital and are recuperating at the Shillong Civil Hospital and Ganesh Das Hospital.
PTI adds: Drisda Rapthap, her two children � a one-year-old and Iainehskhem Rapthap (7) and her brother in-law Ioki Dewkhaid (29) died, while her husband Synsharlang Dewkhaid, his mother and five other children were shifted to the Shillong Civil Hospital and Ganesh Das Hospital in critical condition, they said.
�We have immediately sent a team to the village to conduct an inquiry into the incident,� East Khasi Hills District Deputy Commissioner PS Dkhar said and added that the magistrate has been asked to submit the report on the matter at the earliest.