Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Employer sacks banned Pakistani trio

By The Assam Tribune
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print

KARACHI, Feb 14 (PTI): Banned Pakistani cricketers Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammed Aamir have been sacked by their employer � National Bank � one of the leading teams in the country�s domestic circuit.

The three players had their contracts terminated by the bank in backdate recently.

�Their contracts ended on 31st December, 2010 and we waited until February 5 for the decision of the International Cricket Council (ICC) anti-corruption tribunal to come out before sacking them in backdate,� said Iqbal Qasim, a former Test spinner and sports head of the bank.

Qasim said the bank had waited until the decision came from the ICC tribunal before releasing them. �Once they were found guilty of being involved in spot-fixing we had no choice but to release them from their contracts,� he said.

Qasim, who also served as chief selector until last year, said it was a tough decision for the bank as the trio had always been cooperative and done well for the bank.

�It was a sad decision to take but once they were found guilty the bank rules say you can�t employ such persons,� he said.

More in Entertainment
Next Story
Similar Posts
Employer sacks banned Pakistani trio

KARACHI, Feb 14 (PTI): Banned Pakistani cricketers Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammed Aamir have been sacked by their employer � National Bank � one of the leading teams in the country�s domestic circuit.

The three players had their contracts terminated by the bank in backdate recently.

�Their contracts ended on 31st December, 2010 and we waited until February 5 for the decision of the International Cricket Council (ICC) anti-corruption tribunal to come out before sacking them in backdate,� said Iqbal Qasim, a former Test spinner and sports head of the bank.

Qasim said the bank had waited until the decision came from the ICC tribunal before releasing them. �Once they were found guilty of being involved in spot-fixing we had no choice but to release them from their contracts,� he said.

Qasim, who also served as chief selector until last year, said it was a tough decision for the bank as the trio had always been cooperative and done well for the bank.

�It was a sad decision to take but once they were found guilty the bank rules say you can�t employ such persons,� he said.

More in Entertainment
Similar Posts