GUWAHATI, Jan 16 � The Guwahati Refinery fire that broke out on Tuesday was caused by an electrical spark and no explosive material was found, the findings of the Forensic Science Laboratory said.
The findings stated that the slove tank blew off due to overheating and that the fire broke out after the heated vapour materials came in contact with an electric spark.
DGM (Human Resource) WR Borbora told The Assam Tribune that the fire was the result of an internal accident and no involvement of outside force was detected as claimed by the ULFA hardliners.
�It was a case of overheating of tank materials which subsequently turned into vapour. These vapours are highly inflammable and the fire broke out after somebody switched on an electrical switch in the close proximity,� Borbora said.