Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Doklam standoff may continue for a while

By R Dutta Choudhury
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo

GUWAHATI, Aug 21 - The standoff between India and China in Doka-La (Doklam) may continue for a while despite the efforts to resolve the crisis through diplomatic and other channels as Chinese troops have set up tents near the standoff point and it seems they are ready to stay in the area for some time.

Highly placed security sources told The Assam Tribune that the situation in Doka-La is under control as the Indian Army is also staying put in the area along with the Bhutanese army. �The army personnel of India and Bhutan are staying in the area together to prevent the Chinese troops from intruding into the area,� sources said.

On the activities of the Chinese troops, sources said no major movement of troops has been noticed in the other side. The Chinese troops have pitched tents about 200 to 300 metres away from the standoff point. It will be wrong to say that the Chinese troops retreated from the standoff point, but it is a fact that they have pitched tents at some distance away from the location. Maybe the Chinese troops decided to pitch tents a little away from the standoff point because it is easier to do so in a relatively plain area instead of doing the same on the slopes, sources pointed out.

Sources revealed that the Chinese troops have not started construction of permanent bunkers and the construction of the road has also stopped. The Chinese troops are only staying in the tents near the area and no additional troop movement has been noticed so far.

On reports that India is mobilizing troops in that area, sources said, �we have not moved in troops to the Doka-La area as reported in a section of the media. It is a fact that India pushed in additional troops to locations closer to the Doka-La area to deal with the situation in case of any eventuality.� But India has not deployed any additional troop in Doka-La, sources asserted.

Sources said the Indian action can be termed only a preventive mechanism and not troop mobilization. In high altitude, the troops can face acclimatization problem and in such cases, it is difficult for them to operate. That is why, India is pushing some additional troops closer to Doka-La so that the men can be acclimatized properly to operate in that area in case of any eventuality.

Moreover, if China decides to mobilize additional troops in the standoff point, India will also be able to do so if extra manpower is available close by, sources added. However, till now, no decision has been taken to go for additional troop mobilization in Doka-La.

More in Entertainment
Next Story
Similar Posts
Doklam standoff may continue for a while

GUWAHATI, Aug 21 - The standoff between India and China in Doka-La (Doklam) may continue for a while despite the efforts to resolve the crisis through diplomatic and other channels as Chinese troops have set up tents near the standoff point and it seems they are ready to stay in the area for some time.

Highly placed security sources told The Assam Tribune that the situation in Doka-La is under control as the Indian Army is also staying put in the area along with the Bhutanese army. �The army personnel of India and Bhutan are staying in the area together to prevent the Chinese troops from intruding into the area,� sources said.

On the activities of the Chinese troops, sources said no major movement of troops has been noticed in the other side. The Chinese troops have pitched tents about 200 to 300 metres away from the standoff point. It will be wrong to say that the Chinese troops retreated from the standoff point, but it is a fact that they have pitched tents at some distance away from the location. Maybe the Chinese troops decided to pitch tents a little away from the standoff point because it is easier to do so in a relatively plain area instead of doing the same on the slopes, sources pointed out.

Sources revealed that the Chinese troops have not started construction of permanent bunkers and the construction of the road has also stopped. The Chinese troops are only staying in the tents near the area and no additional troop movement has been noticed so far.

On reports that India is mobilizing troops in that area, sources said, �we have not moved in troops to the Doka-La area as reported in a section of the media. It is a fact that India pushed in additional troops to locations closer to the Doka-La area to deal with the situation in case of any eventuality.� But India has not deployed any additional troop in Doka-La, sources asserted.

Sources said the Indian action can be termed only a preventive mechanism and not troop mobilization. In high altitude, the troops can face acclimatization problem and in such cases, it is difficult for them to operate. That is why, India is pushing some additional troops closer to Doka-La so that the men can be acclimatized properly to operate in that area in case of any eventuality.

Moreover, if China decides to mobilize additional troops in the standoff point, India will also be able to do so if extra manpower is available close by, sources added. However, till now, no decision has been taken to go for additional troop mobilization in Doka-La.

More in Entertainment
Similar Posts