Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

CWC hands back 2 girls to traffickers!

By SANJOY RAY
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print

GUWAHATI, April 2 - In a shocking incident, two minor girls of Assam, who were rescued in Uttar Pradesh recently, were reportedly handed back to their �traffickers� again and that too by the Child Welfare Committee (CWC) of Allahabad.

It is now alleged that the traffickers had produced fake documents to secure guardianship of the two girls from the Allahabad CWC and went missing under mysterious circumstances.

The incident, which for many is a clear-cut case of negligence, has drawn criticism from various quarters.

Aggrieved parents of the minor girls from Sonitpur district have now lodged complaint with the local police and expressed shock as to how a government agency could make such a blunder. Although the minor girls were handed over in the last week of February this year, the girls have not returned to their homes as yet, sources told this reporter.

When enquired, the Sonitpur Child Welfare Committee was told by its counterpart in Allahabad that the girls had already been handed over to two persons, who claimed to be their parents.

Sources said that after the girls were rescued from the clutches of some unknown traffickers, they were kept in a children home in Allahabad before the traffickers came and took their custody.

�It is very surprising how somebody could give proxy appearance and take custody of two trafficked girls, that too from the custody of the CWC, Allahabad. As per rules, only the parents can be given the custody of rescued victims after proper verification,� a Social Welfare Department official said, adding that the matter will be verified and if required, will be taken up at the highest level.

Reacting to the incident, Jubil Lalung, State in-charge of Bachpan Bachao Andolan said that, �It appears to be a clear case of negligence. How could such a goof-up take place from a responsible agency like the CWC. The girls were handed over in February and it certainly does not take one month to come from Uttar Pradesh to Guwahati.�

�It seems that it is the same racket from which the girls were initially trafficked,� Lalung said.

More in Entertainment
Next Story
Similar Posts
CWC hands back 2 girls to traffickers!

GUWAHATI, April 2 - In a shocking incident, two minor girls of Assam, who were rescued in Uttar Pradesh recently, were reportedly handed back to their �traffickers� again and that too by the Child Welfare Committee (CWC) of Allahabad.

It is now alleged that the traffickers had produced fake documents to secure guardianship of the two girls from the Allahabad CWC and went missing under mysterious circumstances.

The incident, which for many is a clear-cut case of negligence, has drawn criticism from various quarters.

Aggrieved parents of the minor girls from Sonitpur district have now lodged complaint with the local police and expressed shock as to how a government agency could make such a blunder. Although the minor girls were handed over in the last week of February this year, the girls have not returned to their homes as yet, sources told this reporter.

When enquired, the Sonitpur Child Welfare Committee was told by its counterpart in Allahabad that the girls had already been handed over to two persons, who claimed to be their parents.

Sources said that after the girls were rescued from the clutches of some unknown traffickers, they were kept in a children home in Allahabad before the traffickers came and took their custody.

�It is very surprising how somebody could give proxy appearance and take custody of two trafficked girls, that too from the custody of the CWC, Allahabad. As per rules, only the parents can be given the custody of rescued victims after proper verification,� a Social Welfare Department official said, adding that the matter will be verified and if required, will be taken up at the highest level.

Reacting to the incident, Jubil Lalung, State in-charge of Bachpan Bachao Andolan said that, �It appears to be a clear case of negligence. How could such a goof-up take place from a responsible agency like the CWC. The girls were handed over in February and it certainly does not take one month to come from Uttar Pradesh to Guwahati.�

�It seems that it is the same racket from which the girls were initially trafficked,� Lalung said.

More in Entertainment
Similar Posts