Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Compensation to Karbi Anglong violence victims

By The Assam Tribune
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo

DIPHU, Jan 6 � The State Government today announced compensation to the families of those killed in the recent violence in Karbi Anglong district, including the nine persons, whose decomposed bodies were found in Dimapur. The State Government also stepped up security along its border with Nagaland, reports PTI.

Environment and Forest Minister Rockybul Hussain and Water Resources Minister Rajib Lochan Pegu today reviewed the prevailing situation in Karbi Anglong.

The Ministers said the State Government would pay Rs 3 lakh each to the next of kin of those killed in the recent violence since December 27 and that included the nine Karbi people whose bodies were identified.

The bodies of all the nine youths, who had been missing since December 28, were found in a decomposed state in Dimapur.

A rehabilitation package was also being worked out for those whose homes were burnt in the violence, the two Ministers said.

Following identification of the bodies as those of youths from Karbi Anglong district, the Ministers said eighteen fixed pickets would be set up in sensitive areas and additional forces had already been deployed.

The situation in the district was tense and night curfew will continue to be in force in Bokajan area.

One of the nine persons whose decomposed bodies were found in Dimapur, was a Karbi student leader from Bokajan.

Both Hussain and Pegu further said that effective steps would be taken to curb all extremist activities in Karbi Anglong district.

More in Entertainment
Next Story
Similar Posts
Compensation to Karbi Anglong violence victims

DIPHU, Jan 6 � The State Government today announced compensation to the families of those killed in the recent violence in Karbi Anglong district, including the nine persons, whose decomposed bodies were found in Dimapur. The State Government also stepped up security along its border with Nagaland, reports PTI.

Environment and Forest Minister Rockybul Hussain and Water Resources Minister Rajib Lochan Pegu today reviewed the prevailing situation in Karbi Anglong.

The Ministers said the State Government would pay Rs 3 lakh each to the next of kin of those killed in the recent violence since December 27 and that included the nine Karbi people whose bodies were identified.

The bodies of all the nine youths, who had been missing since December 28, were found in a decomposed state in Dimapur.

A rehabilitation package was also being worked out for those whose homes were burnt in the violence, the two Ministers said.

Following identification of the bodies as those of youths from Karbi Anglong district, the Ministers said eighteen fixed pickets would be set up in sensitive areas and additional forces had already been deployed.

The situation in the district was tense and night curfew will continue to be in force in Bokajan area.

One of the nine persons whose decomposed bodies were found in Dimapur, was a Karbi student leader from Bokajan.

Both Hussain and Pegu further said that effective steps would be taken to curb all extremist activities in Karbi Anglong district.

More in Entertainment
Similar Posts