Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Cachar dist admin urges people not to panic

By Staff Correspondent
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print

SILCHAR, May 18 - The Cachar district administration has urged the people not to panic but to remain alert following the detection of a 28-year-old youth who had returned to Cachar district from Chennai recently testing COVID-19 positive. This confirmation came via a tweet by Minister of Health Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma on Sunday.

With this new positive case, the total number of positive patients from Cachar stands at 12 so far with 10 patients already under treatment while one patient has recovered.

According to sources in the District Health Department, the person hails from Burtoll Tea Estate in Lakhipur constituency.

Meanwhile, the district administration has urged people not to panic as things are under control and there is no external spread of the disease by any means. Additional Deputy Commissioner Sumit Sattawan while speaking to The Assam Tribune said that after the train from Chennai reached Guwahati, a total of 11 passengers boarded for Cachar and reached ISBT Silchar on Saturday. All the passengers were screened and their swab samples were taken for COVID-19 tests at the zonal centre at ISBT following which the passengers were sent to respective institutional quarantine centres maintaining protocol by ambulances. �There is no spread of the disease in the society as the other passengers who had travelled with the COVID-19 positive patient are in quarantine centres and kept under close watch with all facilities as per protocol. People must not panic by any stretch of imagination. However, they must remain alert and follow the lockdown rules,� Sattawan maintained.

On the other hand, soon after the confirmation of the youth's COVID-19 positive status, Deputy Commissioner Keerthi Jalli issued an order to seal the hotel in which the youth was quarantined along with its surrounding areas. As such, the area inside the following geographical boundaries in the circumference of Hotel Center Palace wherein the person was quarantined, including hotel Divyam in the North, hotel Swagat in the south, Central Road on the east and Arun Kumar Chanda Market Complex on the west have been sealed with immediate effect. Unauthorised entry and exit in the containment area will not be allowed. Vehicular movement along the said area has been strictly prohibited. Also, stricter enforcement of statutory directions for social distancing has to be implemented,� the order stated.

More in Entertainment
Next Story
Similar Posts
Cachar dist admin urges people not to panic

SILCHAR, May 18 - The Cachar district administration has urged the people not to panic but to remain alert following the detection of a 28-year-old youth who had returned to Cachar district from Chennai recently testing COVID-19 positive. This confirmation came via a tweet by Minister of Health Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma on Sunday.

With this new positive case, the total number of positive patients from Cachar stands at 12 so far with 10 patients already under treatment while one patient has recovered.

According to sources in the District Health Department, the person hails from Burtoll Tea Estate in Lakhipur constituency.

Meanwhile, the district administration has urged people not to panic as things are under control and there is no external spread of the disease by any means. Additional Deputy Commissioner Sumit Sattawan while speaking to The Assam Tribune said that after the train from Chennai reached Guwahati, a total of 11 passengers boarded for Cachar and reached ISBT Silchar on Saturday. All the passengers were screened and their swab samples were taken for COVID-19 tests at the zonal centre at ISBT following which the passengers were sent to respective institutional quarantine centres maintaining protocol by ambulances. �There is no spread of the disease in the society as the other passengers who had travelled with the COVID-19 positive patient are in quarantine centres and kept under close watch with all facilities as per protocol. People must not panic by any stretch of imagination. However, they must remain alert and follow the lockdown rules,� Sattawan maintained.

On the other hand, soon after the confirmation of the youth's COVID-19 positive status, Deputy Commissioner Keerthi Jalli issued an order to seal the hotel in which the youth was quarantined along with its surrounding areas. As such, the area inside the following geographical boundaries in the circumference of Hotel Center Palace wherein the person was quarantined, including hotel Divyam in the North, hotel Swagat in the south, Central Road on the east and Arun Kumar Chanda Market Complex on the west have been sealed with immediate effect. Unauthorised entry and exit in the containment area will not be allowed. Vehicular movement along the said area has been strictly prohibited. Also, stricter enforcement of statutory directions for social distancing has to be implemented,� the order stated.

More in Entertainment
Similar Posts