Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Biswas suspected to have fled State

By R Dutta Choudhury
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo

GUWAHATI, March 14 - Subodh Biswas, the prime accused in the Silapathar incident, which led to widespread protests all over Assam, is suspected to have escaped outside the State despite a statewide alert announced to nab him. Meanwhile, police and security forces have kept a close watch on the situation all over the State to prevent any possible outbreak of fresh trouble.

Talking to The Assam Tribune, Director General of Assam Police, Mukesh Sahay said that teams headed by senior police officers have been sent to different other states of the country to coordinate with the local police to trace out Biswas.

The DGP said that police teams have already reached Delhi, Maharashtra and Kolkata and started coordinating with the local police. Biswas, who hails from West Bengal, has been staying in Nagpur for a long time.

Sahay revealed that all the human and technical intelligence inputs are taken seriously by the police and admitted that it is still too early to say whether Biswas is still in Assam or managed to escape. But it is suspected that he managed to escape and �we are following all the leads and all out efforts are being made to nab him.� He also admitted that only recently, police traced a call from outside the State, which was suspected to be made by Biswas.

The DGP said that so far around 44 persons have been arrested in connection with the Silapathar incident and the situation in the area is under control. Senior police officers are camping in the area to keep a close watch on the situation. He also said that a close watch on the overall situation is maintained all over the State, particularly in the areas considered vulnerable to prevent any possible violence between different communities.

Sahay pointed out that all the political parties and organizations have condemned the incident and though there have been agitations against the incident, those did not turn violent, which is a positive sign. He asserted that police would leave no stone unturned to nab those involved including Biswas, whose provocative speech led to outbreak of violence.

Next Story
Similar Posts
Biswas suspected to have fled State

GUWAHATI, March 14 - Subodh Biswas, the prime accused in the Silapathar incident, which led to widespread protests all over Assam, is suspected to have escaped outside the State despite a statewide alert announced to nab him. Meanwhile, police and security forces have kept a close watch on the situation all over the State to prevent any possible outbreak of fresh trouble.

Talking to The Assam Tribune, Director General of Assam Police, Mukesh Sahay said that teams headed by senior police officers have been sent to different other states of the country to coordinate with the local police to trace out Biswas.

The DGP said that police teams have already reached Delhi, Maharashtra and Kolkata and started coordinating with the local police. Biswas, who hails from West Bengal, has been staying in Nagpur for a long time.

Sahay revealed that all the human and technical intelligence inputs are taken seriously by the police and admitted that it is still too early to say whether Biswas is still in Assam or managed to escape. But it is suspected that he managed to escape and �we are following all the leads and all out efforts are being made to nab him.� He also admitted that only recently, police traced a call from outside the State, which was suspected to be made by Biswas.

The DGP said that so far around 44 persons have been arrested in connection with the Silapathar incident and the situation in the area is under control. Senior police officers are camping in the area to keep a close watch on the situation. He also said that a close watch on the overall situation is maintained all over the State, particularly in the areas considered vulnerable to prevent any possible violence between different communities.

Sahay pointed out that all the political parties and organizations have condemned the incident and though there have been agitations against the incident, those did not turn violent, which is a positive sign. He asserted that police would leave no stone unturned to nab those involved including Biswas, whose provocative speech led to outbreak of violence.