Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Basisthapur fire could be due to LPG leakage: police

By City Correspondent

GUWAHATI, Jan 24 - A day after a fire claimed the lives of two minor siblings � Ishan and Ibon � in Basisthapur area, police today said that the inferno appeared to have been caused due to LPG leakage and not due to electrical short-circuit.

ADGP (Fire and Emergency Services) YK Goutam, who visited the place of occurrence today, said, �During the preliminary investigation, we found three burners in �switched-on� mode inside the kitchen. The gas leakage resulted in the fire which spread very fast.�

He added, �It seems to be a case of accidental fire. From what we have gathered so far, it does not appear to be a planned incident. The detailed report, however, will be submitted within two days.�

Meanwhile, a team of forensic experts from the chemistry and physics division visited the site and facilitated collection of objects, including electrical wires, for examination.

�The forensic examination will try to examine the objects to ascertain the exact cause of the fire,� sources said.

The fire broke out at the house of businessman Tushar Goswami at Basisthapur under Hatigaon Police Station. Goswami�s two minor sons were charred to death in the fire.

Meanwhile, the last rites of Ishan and Ibon were performed at the Navagraha crematorium today in a tearful ambience in the presence of a large crowd.

Earlier, their Wireless (Beltola) residence was thronged by people in large numbers who paid their last respects to the departed souls.

Homage was paid to the unfortunate siblings in their respective schools � Srimanta Sankardev Academy and a kindergarten � and also at the NH Table Tennis Foundation where Ishan was undergoing coaching.

Teachers and classmates of Ishan and Ibon recalled their association with them with teary eyes, describing the duo as the most amiable and innocent kids.

�We are in a state of shock and cannot yet come to terms with the tragedy. Let their noble souls rest in peace,� a schoolteacher said.

The coach of the table tennis centre also remembered Ishan as a very good player with a lot of potential. �He held a lot of promise as a young player. Both the brothers were adorable and disciplined kids. It is impossible to believe that they are no more. Such is the scale of the tragedy that it makes one lose faith in the existence of God,� he said.

More in Entertainment
Next Story
Similar Posts
Basisthapur fire could be due to LPG leakage: police

GUWAHATI, Jan 24 - A day after a fire claimed the lives of two minor siblings � Ishan and Ibon � in Basisthapur area, police today said that the inferno appeared to have been caused due to LPG leakage and not due to electrical short-circuit.

ADGP (Fire and Emergency Services) YK Goutam, who visited the place of occurrence today, said, �During the preliminary investigation, we found three burners in �switched-on� mode inside the kitchen. The gas leakage resulted in the fire which spread very fast.�

He added, �It seems to be a case of accidental fire. From what we have gathered so far, it does not appear to be a planned incident. The detailed report, however, will be submitted within two days.�

Meanwhile, a team of forensic experts from the chemistry and physics division visited the site and facilitated collection of objects, including electrical wires, for examination.

�The forensic examination will try to examine the objects to ascertain the exact cause of the fire,� sources said.

The fire broke out at the house of businessman Tushar Goswami at Basisthapur under Hatigaon Police Station. Goswami�s two minor sons were charred to death in the fire.

Meanwhile, the last rites of Ishan and Ibon were performed at the Navagraha crematorium today in a tearful ambience in the presence of a large crowd.

Earlier, their Wireless (Beltola) residence was thronged by people in large numbers who paid their last respects to the departed souls.

Homage was paid to the unfortunate siblings in their respective schools � Srimanta Sankardev Academy and a kindergarten � and also at the NH Table Tennis Foundation where Ishan was undergoing coaching.

Teachers and classmates of Ishan and Ibon recalled their association with them with teary eyes, describing the duo as the most amiable and innocent kids.

�We are in a state of shock and cannot yet come to terms with the tragedy. Let their noble souls rest in peace,� a schoolteacher said.

The coach of the table tennis centre also remembered Ishan as a very good player with a lot of potential. �He held a lot of promise as a young player. Both the brothers were adorable and disciplined kids. It is impossible to believe that they are no more. Such is the scale of the tragedy that it makes one lose faith in the existence of God,� he said.

More in Entertainment
Similar Posts