Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Baby dies as Hatigaon hut catches fire

By STAFF REPORTER
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print

GUWAHATI, Dec 27 � A two-and-half year old baby died after fire broke out inside a thatched house in Kailiash Nagar near Hatigaon police station around 1:30 this afternoon.

Parents of the deceased Yasmina Tara went out for their job engagements leaving behind their daughter when the incident took place.

Police said Sabek Ali, a daily wage earner along with his wife and daughter were living in the house for quite some time in rented accommodation.

�The 500-feet-long and 11-feet-wide bamboo hut located near the Hatigaon police station caught fire around 1:30 pm and it took the fire tenders around 2 hours to douse the fire,� Fire Station sources said, adding that five fire tenders were rushed to the spot from Dispur and Lokhra fire stations.

�The house consists of nine small rooms, of which six rooms were completely gutted,� the sources stated.

Police said that the cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained.

�There was no electricity or cooking gas cylinder in the house and therefore we are probing other possibilities,� police said.

More in Entertainment
Next Story
Similar Posts
Baby dies as Hatigaon hut catches fire

GUWAHATI, Dec 27 � A two-and-half year old baby died after fire broke out inside a thatched house in Kailiash Nagar near Hatigaon police station around 1:30 this afternoon.

Parents of the deceased Yasmina Tara went out for their job engagements leaving behind their daughter when the incident took place.

Police said Sabek Ali, a daily wage earner along with his wife and daughter were living in the house for quite some time in rented accommodation.

�The 500-feet-long and 11-feet-wide bamboo hut located near the Hatigaon police station caught fire around 1:30 pm and it took the fire tenders around 2 hours to douse the fire,� Fire Station sources said, adding that five fire tenders were rushed to the spot from Dispur and Lokhra fire stations.

�The house consists of nine small rooms, of which six rooms were completely gutted,� the sources stated.

Police said that the cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained.

�There was no electricity or cooking gas cylinder in the house and therefore we are probing other possibilities,� police said.

More in Entertainment
Similar Posts