Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

APDCL to cover 25 lakh more households by 2018-end

By The Assam Tribune

GUWAHATI, Oct 3 - By December 2018, the Assam Power Distribution Company Ltd (APDCL) will cover 25 lakh more households. At present, it is supplying power to 36 lakh households of the State.

Addressing a press conference here on Saturday, APDCL CGM (Human Resources Development) and spokesperson Pranab Bora and APDCL OSD to the Chairman Dipankar Dihingia told newspersons that most of the 25 lakh households being covered by the APDCL are located in the rural areas and they would be covered under the Dindayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana.

Of the villages of the State, 900 are left uncovered by the rural electrification programme and these villages are targeted to be covered under the rural electrification programme by March 2017.

The APDCL has planned to provide power connection to six lakh below poverty line (BPL) families by December 2018 in the above 900 villages, while by the same deadline, it will provide power connection to 18 to 19 lakh above poverty line (APL) families, they said.

Urban electrification: The first phase of IPDS has already started and under this programme, 88 towns and urban centres are proposed to be covered. Towards this end, the Central Government has already released an amount of Rs 582 crore, of the total amount of Rs 1,600 crore earmarked for implementation of the programme. The implementation of this phase is to be completed by December 2018. The programme is aimed at strengthening the power supply infrastructure in town areas, said the APDCL officials.

They apprised that already 68 towns have been covered by the APDCL under the Restructured Accelerated Power Distribution and Reform Programme RAPDRP. In Guwahati, the stage of implementation of this programme is 90 per cent, and by December 2016, the remaining 10 per cent is targeted to be completed. The implementation of this programme started in 2014.

Urja Mitra: The Urja Mitra scheme was introduced by the APDCL on September 20, 2016 to inform the consumers in advance on outage or fault in line. To avail the service of this scheme, consumers will have to register themselves with the scheme by going to the APDCL website (www. apdcl.org) citing their mobile phone numbers and email IDs.

The APDCL set up in June centralised customer care units for the consumers of Guwahati, Nagaon and Jorhat. To contact these units, the consumers will have to dial 1912. These units will operate on a round-the-clock basis. By December 2016, nine more units are being set up to cover as many towns.

Next Story
Similar Posts
APDCL to cover 25 lakh more households by 2018-end

GUWAHATI, Oct 3 - By December 2018, the Assam Power Distribution Company Ltd (APDCL) will cover 25 lakh more households. At present, it is supplying power to 36 lakh households of the State.

Addressing a press conference here on Saturday, APDCL CGM (Human Resources Development) and spokesperson Pranab Bora and APDCL OSD to the Chairman Dipankar Dihingia told newspersons that most of the 25 lakh households being covered by the APDCL are located in the rural areas and they would be covered under the Dindayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana.

Of the villages of the State, 900 are left uncovered by the rural electrification programme and these villages are targeted to be covered under the rural electrification programme by March 2017.

The APDCL has planned to provide power connection to six lakh below poverty line (BPL) families by December 2018 in the above 900 villages, while by the same deadline, it will provide power connection to 18 to 19 lakh above poverty line (APL) families, they said.

Urban electrification: The first phase of IPDS has already started and under this programme, 88 towns and urban centres are proposed to be covered. Towards this end, the Central Government has already released an amount of Rs 582 crore, of the total amount of Rs 1,600 crore earmarked for implementation of the programme. The implementation of this phase is to be completed by December 2018. The programme is aimed at strengthening the power supply infrastructure in town areas, said the APDCL officials.

They apprised that already 68 towns have been covered by the APDCL under the Restructured Accelerated Power Distribution and Reform Programme RAPDRP. In Guwahati, the stage of implementation of this programme is 90 per cent, and by December 2016, the remaining 10 per cent is targeted to be completed. The implementation of this programme started in 2014.

Urja Mitra: The Urja Mitra scheme was introduced by the APDCL on September 20, 2016 to inform the consumers in advance on outage or fault in line. To avail the service of this scheme, consumers will have to register themselves with the scheme by going to the APDCL website (www. apdcl.org) citing their mobile phone numbers and email IDs.

The APDCL set up in June centralised customer care units for the consumers of Guwahati, Nagaon and Jorhat. To contact these units, the consumers will have to dial 1912. These units will operate on a round-the-clock basis. By December 2016, nine more units are being set up to cover as many towns.