Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

AHRC asks Home dept to conduct enquiry

By STAFF Reporter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo

GUWAHATI, April 21 - A single bench of the Assam Human Rights Commission has taken suo moto cognizance of the fire incident at Chhaygaon in Kamrup due to snapping of a high-voltage cable, and has asked the home and political department of the State government to conduct an enquiry to fix responsibility.

The bench comprising Naba Kamal Bora, member of AHRC, registered the case (AHRC1966/24/17-18) based on media reports and directed the issue of a notice to the Commissioner and Secretary to the Government of Assam, Home and Political Department, to conduct an enquiry into the tragic incident and submit the report within 30 days.

As per the media reports of April 11, 2017, the 11,000 volt cable snapped and fell on a 220 volt line running below it. As a result, household electrical equipment caught fire and engulfed the houses causing damage to at least 20 houses in the locality, completely gutting three houses.

�One Abdur Rahim lost his life in the incident while going to disconnect his domestic power supply, after noticing the fire. The incident was publicly attributed to negligence on the part of the ASEB in not taking appropriate safety measures while installing and maintaining such wires in the locality,� the AHRC stated.

Another suo moto case was registered by the same bench of the AHRC�on the reported incident of food poisoning in No. 1269 Hanh Sara Primary School at Barpeta, after taking meal under the midday-meal scheme in the school.

The bench directed issue of notice to the Deputy Commissioner, Barpeta, to carry out a magisterial enquiry into the incident that led to serious illness of students and to submit the report�within one month�of receipt of the notice. As per media reports published on April 7, as many as 71 students of the school fell ill after having midday meal in the school.

More in Entertainment
Next Story
Similar Posts
AHRC asks Home dept to conduct enquiry

GUWAHATI, April 21 - A single bench of the Assam Human Rights Commission has taken suo moto cognizance of the fire incident at Chhaygaon in Kamrup due to snapping of a high-voltage cable, and has asked the home and political department of the State government to conduct an enquiry to fix responsibility.

The bench comprising Naba Kamal Bora, member of AHRC, registered the case (AHRC1966/24/17-18) based on media reports and directed the issue of a notice to the Commissioner and Secretary to the Government of Assam, Home and Political Department, to conduct an enquiry into the tragic incident and submit the report within 30 days.

As per the media reports of April 11, 2017, the 11,000 volt cable snapped and fell on a 220 volt line running below it. As a result, household electrical equipment caught fire and engulfed the houses causing damage to at least 20 houses in the locality, completely gutting three houses.

�One Abdur Rahim lost his life in the incident while going to disconnect his domestic power supply, after noticing the fire. The incident was publicly attributed to negligence on the part of the ASEB in not taking appropriate safety measures while installing and maintaining such wires in the locality,� the AHRC stated.

Another suo moto case was registered by the same bench of the AHRC�on the reported incident of food poisoning in No. 1269 Hanh Sara Primary School at Barpeta, after taking meal under the midday-meal scheme in the school.

The bench directed issue of notice to the Deputy Commissioner, Barpeta, to carry out a magisterial enquiry into the incident that led to serious illness of students and to submit the report�within one month�of receipt of the notice. As per media reports published on April 7, as many as 71 students of the school fell ill after having midday meal in the school.

More in Entertainment
Similar Posts