AIZAWL, Nov 22 - Forty-two people were hospitalised in Mizoram�s Serchhip district in the last two days after eating soyabean, police said.
The first cases of food poisoning were reported at about 11 pm on Friday after many people rushed to Serchhip district hospital complaining of acute stomach pain and high fever, a police official said.
Quoting attending doctors, the official said 52 people had approached the hospital in the last two days of whom 42 were admitted. All of them are now stated to be out of danger.
According to those taken ill, they had bought the fermented soyabean from an old lady from the market on Friday, the officer said.
Based on an FIR submitted by hospital officials, a case was registered at Serchhip Police Station and samples of the soyabean have been sent to Forensic Science Laboratory here for tests. � PTI