IMPHAL, April 16 - Four members of a family have died after consuming wild mushrooms, village authorities of Parvachawm located in Tipaimukh sub-division of Manipur said today.
The incident took place on April 9 when a villager of ethnic Hmar-inhabited area procured some mushrooms from a forest and sold it to village households.
On April 9, two girls aged two and six along with a nine-year-old boy died after consuming the mushroom which was prepared for lunch.
Mother of the deceased children died yesterday, a member of the village authority said.
The sole surviving member of the family, the father, had not consumed the mushroom, as he was out for shifting cultivation far from his home that day.
The incident came to light yesterday as the village is located in a dense forest area with no proper communication facilities.
3 women hurt: Three women were injured in police action yesterday to disperse a mob that had gathered outside the Mayang Imphal police station to protest against the detention of a person.
The mob had gathered after a man who had claimed he saw three youths trying to steal his two-wheeler was picked up for questioning by police.
The three youths were beaten up by a mob that day and two of them had later succumbed to their injuries. � PTI