GUWAHATI, April 24 - In a freak incident, two persons lost their lives when they were trying to clean a well in the Beltola area this morning.
Another person, who also entered into a 25-feet deep well, fell ill due to suspected gas poisoning and was rushed to a hospital.
While Nayan Jyoti Medhi (35) and Sunil Lagasu (25) were declared brought dead at the Gauhati Medical College and Hospital (GMCH), Sirajuddin Mullah, 29, is undergoing treatment at a private hospital.
According to the State Disaster Response Force, they received a call around 9.30 am about three persons being stuck inside a 25-feet deep well in the Chandan Nagar locality.
It took 25 disaster response personnel almost an hour to bring out the trio from the well and they were immediately shifted to the GMCH. The rescue personnel suspect that Medhi and Lagasu died after inhaling concentrated gas.